Sunday 21 June 2009

Feeding Garden Birds


I read recently that feeding wild bird seed in a mix wasn't a very good idea. There's a lot of waste, and some birds won't visit. So recently I invested in a few more feeders, and now I feed peanuts, peanut chunks, sunflower hearts and niger seed. Which is all I could find in the local shops.

I have had chaffinches visiting since I planted the teasal a few years ago, but I was really pleased to see a goldfinch a couple of days ago. I've also had some great tits as well. I think there have been other birds as well, that I would have called 'sparrows' without my binoculars, but I'm not confident enough to really try to identify them in public.

It's not a very good picture, but on the green feeder to the left is my goldfinch. There were two, but one flew off while I was getting my phone out. I think I will ask my son to leave his digital camera out, so I can try to get some better shots.

Tadpoles now have legs, but every time I try to take a photo Fred sticks his head in the pond and picks out all the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment